View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 09:07 AM   #94
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
Simple Tire may list a local installer that will do the job. If that is true for your area, you will be quoted and pay at least part if not all when you buy those tires. The tires can be sent directly to that shop.

Now, if there is no installer, you can look on the Tire Rack site (they don't sell Sailuns though) and find a list of installers, make your own arrangements and Simple can ship them to that installer though you will need to negotiate the price which may differ from Simple or Tire Rack.

I was not happy with Simple when I asked about an installer from my area when I recently bought tires for my truck. They copy and pasted Tire Rack's list - so I just bought from Tire Rack and in turn got a $70 rebate which actually made them cheaper then Simple.

At this point, I would, for our 5er, just find a Walmart for RV Sailuns - the price is about the same and is less hassle

Be really careful when you negotiatea price. The guy I had used for the past 15 years was by far ridiculous at $240 plus taxes and TPMS service. Previously he had been less then $100. I ended up at $82 plus NY taxes(!!), tire disposal and TPMS service.
Not a fan at all of Simpletire. The tire shop I deal with charged me $60 to mount ,and balance 5 tires that I bought from Walmart .

Normally I get a price match at the tire shop I deal with, but have bought several sets of tires from them, so I will always give them a chance on any tire .
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote