View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 06:01 AM   #12
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Yes - briefly but I will take more careful look this morning.

Update: fuse is good. The bug screen over the furnace exhaust had solid ice on it, so cleared it. Took the cover off, don’t see any error lights blinking. Moved the reset switch on-off a couple of times. No sound. The fan cage will spin freely. No visual signs of unhooked wire connections, wires look clean and no burn signs.

Took the thermostat cover off, touched the contact spots to cycle thru the same setting combinations described above...even lowered the setting degrees way low. No sound from furnace. After maybe 30 seconds (set to FURNACE+HIGH or FURNACE+LOW) roof unit fan comes on...so I moved thermostat setting to OFF. I do not know if heat pump will work on 120 volt power (too far away from my 30 amp plug. New 50 amp plug will be installed for my new RC cover). I am not going to try to engage the heat pump. I watched a few videos about Atwood furnaces. I am not electrician enough to start crawling around with my tester/volt meter and start looking for current...especially in this cold.

Fortunately power is on currently for the S&B and we are fine. Furnace in the Monte was simply a fall-back. I will take it in to a service shop and let them figure it out.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote