View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 02:15 PM   #7
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
I will keep you all posted, since I can not cheat the system, because of may reasons, one of them being my son is a CHP officer, but here is what I know so far. I have to get a Non-Commercial Class "A" license. To do that I need to fill out form DL44 and the health form 546. No doctor needs to sign it, just fill it out. Then I am going in tomorrow to take the regular drivers license written test again, and then a Trailer/RV test. Then the vision test. Then when I pick up the Monty this Thursday, I plan on going to a parking lot a block away from the DMV and asking them to come do the vin check, and pay my registration fees and sales tax. They will do a simple vehicle safety check, and a pre-trip inspection test too. Then I have an appointment a couple of weeks from now at the Sacramento Commercial drivers test facility, and they will make me do a skills test and a driving test with the 5th wheel.