View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 05:16 AM   #9
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Rich,

For us, the Artic package has NOTHING to do with freezing water lines. We winterize about November 1st, and when we leave here after the holidays for points south and warm, we DO NOT put water in the unit till we get to at least Alabama or Arkansas, someplace where we know the temps will be mild enough so that we do not have to worry about that till next November 1st.

The Artic package is basically some insulation kinds of things (at least that is the way I understand it and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong! ) To keep the pipes and water from freezing you need heat tape, heat in the basement, all the things that have been discussed here at MOC.

For comfort of the ole body, you might want to reconsider, a warm(ER) floor is a wonderful thing for the ole toes!

Getting under Montana, pulling down that underbelly (which includes the Artic package stuff) and wrapping the lines with heat tape and all the stuff that some of our full timers have done is more than Al and I are interested in doing. IF, we were full timers and needed to stay in cold places for work or for family as some of our members do, then we would do what ever we had to do to be able to sit for weeks in the cold and use the water. We are NOT full timers and IF we were to winter camp for the fun of skiing or something, we still would not do all that work, then we would use the facilities of the campground and no water in Montana.

But, still, would have the Artic package, as previously stated, anything that helps keep me comfy is more than welcome! Pampering I can handle! HA HA
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote