View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 10:36 AM   #28
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chuck and Carol

When was it decided on Lake George? I voted in an informal voting, but not an official vote. I thought we were just throwing ideas around.

Carol
Carol,

The reason I set up an "informal" poll is because of limitations on this forum where only 1 poll can be active at a time (and it was in use for the national rally poll). So, to get the ball rolling on setting up a regional rally, I decided to do manual poll in the other thread. I'm sorry if it was misleading by calling it an "informal" poll, but I thought the body of the post explained the main goal of the poll sufficiently.
Quote:
quote:
Since I'm not sure if we can get a "real" poll going, I want to make this thread a place for a simple answer to make it easier to tally up responses. I would like to gather responses until November 17th. At that point, I plan on tallying up the responses and will post the results. Then we can start to focus on looking for a campground that will meet our needs in that area.
I posted a tally of the results on November 18th:
Quote:
quote:
  • Niagara Falls - 4
  • Gettysburg, PA - 1
  • Bourne, MA - 1
  • 1,000 Islands Area - 1
Time
  • Early June - 3
  • Mid June - 5
  • Late June - 3
  • Early July - 0
  • Fall - 1

I selected the 1st choice of everybody who replied to this thread, I also received a couple of responses via email, which were included. There were 13 definitive responses to this poll.

Now that we have an area and time frame, we can start to look at campgrounds.
I believed this to be the fairest way to get an idea of where to focus our efforts on finding a campground. As it is, we're running later than we hoped in contacting campground for availability, but that is due to my free time being taken up by work and the holidays. Now that Jen is home from work for several weeks, she will be doing most of the footwork contacting campgrounds etc.

If it winds up that there are no suitable campgrounds in the Lake George area available in June, we will fall back on the second choice of the Niagara Falls area.

I'm sorry if there was any confusion.
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote