View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Larger TV and desk delete on the 3400RL

I really like my 3400RL floor plan and will probably go with the same layout again hopefully in the Big Sky version this spring. I would like to suggest giving the buyer a 2nd option in regards to the entertainment slide related to the TV and the computer desk. I realize that many folks like the desk, but in the 8 years I've had my 34000RL, I don't think I've actually sat at the desk more than 6 times. I would much rather sacrifice the desk in return for a full slide entertainment system INCLUDING a much larger TV. Many coaches are now placing 45" and or up to 55"/60" LCD and LED TV's in their units. I believe folks would like to have the "option" to order the 3400RL with the standard desk/TV configuration OR delete the desk in exchange for a large 55" LED TV and entertainment slide out. Take the 3455SA as a basic design example and expand it from there. I want a stack-able washer/dryer in my next coach so that eliminates any of the side aisle layouts that have the TV/entertainment slide out. Another example of what I am describing would be to look at the Redwood 36RL. A decent size TV with cabinets above and below along with the fireplace in the center below the TV. I know that the 36RL is a singe slide, but you could mirror that overall design to fit within the single entertainment slide of the 3400RL. I would suggest deleting the "lift" and window in that slide and just build the cabinet system to fill the entire slide out. I realize that I am younger than most of your buyers, but being one that is planning on going full time in the next 3-6 months, electronics and entertainment are something that is important to me. I would rather sit in my recliners and work on my laptop while watching the game or a movie instead of sitting on the side of the TV at the desk. Just my opinion and suggestion on something that would make the ownership experience even better...

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote