View Single Post
Old 12-29-2021, 01:22 PM   #6
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailTrackers View Post
Hello... I woke up this morning to a 3 tone clicking sound in the trailer. Tracked it down to the vent in the back bathroom. In short, we are in Utah and there is snow and ice on the top of the trailer from a big storm then freeze. There was a build up of condensation and it was triggering the auto close. But with it already closed it was just heating up to the point of smelling like wanting to catch on fire.
First thought was... Why the hell don't they have an On/Off button for the auto close feature on the keypad with the other buttons?!? I guess that would have been too easy, and too much common sense would have been required to think of that during design. That's the problem with engineers designing stuff that they have/will never use.
In any case, is there an easy way to disable that feature for the immediate future? I looked for a breaker but there isn't one labeled for that vent, nor for the "bunkhouse" bathroom. Or perhaps there is another "quick" solution to this problem that somebody has thought of? Without being able to "shut it down", I got my wife's hair dryer and dried the area which worked in the very short term; dried it off enough to stop it from attempting to close repeatedly. But to be honest, I would like to just disable the darn feature for an extended period.
My long term goal with this issue is going to be to track down the power wire to the auto close sensor and extend it to an On/Off button on the bathroom wall.
Couple of thoughts.
If you just want to kill 12V power to the unit, drop the beauty ring (4 screws) then locate the 2 wires running to the fan, either cut both or using a knife scrape back insulation on one and use VOM to see if it is +12V or ground. I would first look at the control panel on the fan, there are buttons on there that may differ by model but on mine one is ON/OFF.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6627.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	10853  
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote