Thread: Montana Bottom
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 07:47 PM   #7
Rumusical2
Established Member

M.O.C. #29154
Battle of the Bulge

I too, am just discovering this issue. My wife and I just started full time living literally a week ago. I had not emptied our tanks at all yet, thinking that it might take a while for them to fill up… Well, that was my first mistake! I was outside today in a windstorm just checking on a couple of things around the trailer, when I had this gut feeling to just glance under the trailer and see what things look like under there. To my horror I discovered this massive bulge in the front section of that black corrugated underbelly material. I’ve heard several people on this forum refer to that as “cloroplast“ so I suppose that’s what I’m seeing.

When I pushed up on it, it very clearly is full of water. I then went in and checked my tank sensors and discovered that all my tanks were full! So, after a quick run to the local hardware store to get some extra sewage hose, I drained my tanks (which was an adventure unto itself since I have the two drai systems and was not adequately oriented on how to properly drain the system).

The problem that I still have though is that my black tank 1 and gray tank 1 sensor still show that they are full… Although I know that quite a bit of liquid came out when I drained. I also noticed that the gigantic bulge is still there, indicating that there is a bunch of trapped water in that lining. I have no idea if it’s gray water, black water, regular water, rainwater, condensation from the AC units, no clue at all… but, I am going to have to undo a couple of those securement bolts and let all that water out at some point. I’m going to have to relocate my unit in about three weeks to our more permanent resting place… So over the next couple of weeks I will be embarking on the troubleshooting to try and figure out if I have a leak, or if I’m collecting condensation from the AC units, or... Who knows, maybe the water was there from the previous owner… (I bought the unit from a dealership that had one previous owner for a brief period of time).
Rumusical2 is offline   Reply With Quote