Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
[quote]quote:Originally posted by jjackflash

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bethandkevin

Quote:
Originally posted by jjackflash

Have you ever tried to stop 15,000 pounds pushing you from the rear at 70 or 80 miles an hour ? Try it!
[/quo

I may be missing the gist of your comment. However, if you are feeling pushed by that 15,000 pound trailer behind you, you don't have your brakes set properly. I have never, I repeat never felt pushed by the Montana behind me. The trailer brakes stop the trailer-as they should and don't "push" my truck. Before anyone jumps all over me for being an over-confident tower, I've never been even close to a near miss or a situation where I didn't think I could stop in time. Towing at 55 MPH or heaven forbid 70-80 MPH, shouldn't matter if you are aware of your surroundings and plan for your "out" as we were all taught in driver's training-whether towing or not.

I'll step off the soapbox now.
I drove semi's professionally for 20 years and you wouldn't believe the things I've see.
When I made the statement pushing I met hitting the brakes at 70/80 miles an hour.
At that speed I think you would have a problem keeping that trailer straight.
I stick between 60/62 MPH.
BTW,have you ever had some one cut in front of you and hit their brakes,good luck at 80 miles an hour!
Ex truck driver here also and i Do Agree with the people cutting you off. 55 to 60 for me also. I timed it once over a 300 mile non stop trip and the difference between the time going 60 and then 70 was about 15 to 20 min. WHY RISK YOUR LIFE and the people around you.
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote