View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 03:10 PM   #96
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Still no internet, Tammy and Bernie? I thought for sure you would have coerced the campground into having internet for all by now!

We haven't had any more weather-related issues, not even when we had four days of -25 weather two weeks ago. Well, maybe we did have one issue--our two Australian shepherds decided they'd had enough of life in their fenced and heated kennel, so they started digging out every night and standing at our door whining. It worked--they are now indoors with us from sundown to sunup. I honestly think the cat sat in the window and smirked at them until they decided they should be indoors, too.

We are suffering through a Chinook at the moment--high winds 24/7 and warmer temperatures (well, relatively warmer temps as in 38 rather than 20 for a high). On the bright side, our builder is starting the foundation of our house this week. On the dark side, we are marooned in a sea of mud and water from the melting snow. Also on the dark side is the fact that we ARE starting a new house; we wish now that we'd followed our hearts and hit the road in our Monty instead. The older we get, the more we realize that if we keep putting things off, we aren't going to ever do the things we've worked hard to be able to do.

Wednesday afternoon if the Chinook is still here, we plan to remove the skirting and haul our rig to town to clean it up, particularly the blackwater tank. After reading all the posts about the difference between dumping and cleaning the tank and dumping and REALLY cleaning the tank, I can hardly wait to get to town and irritate a whole bunch of travelers who are going to have to wait in line until we're satisfied that our blackwater tank is truly clean. (So, if any fellow MOCers are traveling on Interstate 15 between the Canadian and Idaho borders, they might not want to head into Dillon to use the one and only dump station open in town on Wednesday afternoon because we'll be there, cleaning . . . cleaning . . . cleaning.)

The skirting will go back into place Wednesday evening. Chinooks don't last, but Montana sub-zero temperatures do. Jeez, I hate to pack up and/or anchor all our loose stuff for that trip to town, but if we don't go now, we may be frozen to the ground for another 2 months after this nasty warm spell departs. And, as I said, I'm having nightmares about the possibility of blackwater tank problems aggravated by freezing temperatures.

Keep us posted on life in Seward--you definitely win the "Who can camp in the coldest place" contest this week! Do you always have water and heat? And is the plumbing working consistently? Inquiring minds want to know!

Carolyn & Wayne
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote