View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 08:07 AM   #77
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Thanks for all the nice comments. dsprik, I did not measure the floor and, well, it is -10 outside, so I THINK it was 3/4 ply. I just used a little skil saw. Actually I used a door knob cutter to cut a finger hole at the top of the door. Then I could see (from the bottom looking up thru the belly) exactly where the valves were located in relation to my hole and to make sure I had clearance for my saw blade. There are steel crossbeams for floor support and some for holding the tanks. The valves were between 2 floor joists. I cut across till I hit a beam and then cut the other side till I hit a beam. I then cut down parallel to the beams with a slight angle so the top (carpet side) of my door was wider than the bottom (side facing into hold). I verified length from underneath to make sure I had enough room around the valves to work. Then I cut the fourth side to release the door.
Then you know what, last night we got cold again. However, with all my happenings, I forgot to fill the propane tanks. Oh Well, another challenge. A run to the propane dealer fixed it all.
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote