View Single Post
Old 04-10-2005, 11:41 PM   #6
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Steve

Even though not very many miles on my tires,they are 4 years old.The wear I`am talking about is the side walls are cracking.I`am guessing from sitting on the lot for 3 years and the sun causing the cracking.The tread is fine.The new dealer said any where between 4 years and 7 years is usually the life of these tires.

Well any way went to camping world Sunday and am having them replace my tires with Michelins E rated.They had to order them.So maybe in a week or so i`ll have new rubber.While its their they are going to repack the wheel bearings.i`am sure this will be the first time its done.They charge $140 bucks for the repack.The tires are a pricey $220 a tire.

As a side note went up to the storage area today and installed the fire place.I have to pat myself on the back because it looks very cool.Also put all the stuff back in the Montana.It really felt good to have the Montana back.Spent most of the day up their cleaning the outside.She sure is shinny now.After I was done I just stood back and looked at the Montana for a while.Of course with a smile on my face.i`am going to replace most if not all the screws with new stainless steel ones.Have quite a few that are rusting.Almost all the screws that hold the ladder on are badly rusted.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote