View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 03:22 PM   #1
2007dura
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2313
Winterize with air

My rig is presently winterized with "pink" stuff. I can't stand it no more, so we are going camping in 2 weeks if weather permits. We will go for a weekend, and then plan on going the following weekend after that. I have saw where some winterize with an air compressor instead of "pink" stuff. This would be less expense, since I will have to keep winterizing every time I camp until probably mid April to be safe from freezing temps. I already have an air compressor, so no problem there. I will use anti-freeze in traps to keep from freezing.

My questions about using air:
1. Do I need the adaptor to use on fresh water connection, or can I just use my compressor with air gun and maybe a rag around connection to hold pressure?
2. Do I need to keep constant air pressure, or can I open a faucet, shoot air pressure till line dry, go to next faucet, etc.?
3. What is the highest pressure you would recommend to use on lines? (30 PSI, 20 PSI, etc.)
4. Is there any advice or "tricks" you have learned from using air that would help to make it easier to do?
2007dura is offline   Reply With Quote