View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 09:37 AM   #47
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
In 1974, late Winter, Early Spring time frame there was a supposed shortage of fuel. Long lines occurred and rationing took place in the form of license plates ending in an odd number could get fuel on an odd numbered day, and even number on an even numbered day. Then it went to you must have less than a half a tank of gas before you could fill up. It also went to a certain amount that you could get. I was in Virgina Beach, VA at the time. At that time I purchased all my gas from a local Shell Station operator. His comment to me was, "Wayne, I can give you all the gas you want, anytime you want it. I don't have a shortage."

Present day seems to be a little different. There is no shortage, but there is a supply and demand situation. The entire world runs on fuel and there are emerging countries that are requiring more and more for their economic growth. Therefore the demand is up and the prices are going to go up with the demand. It is going to take a catastrophic event to bring the prices down (like transportation strikes), or the supply has to go up. I don't see either happening for some time so I'm getting prepared to pay the price, or forgo my travels. I think I'll pay the price for the time being unless it starts taking food off of my table.

Remember the SKI club!

(SKI = Spending Kid's inheritance)

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote