View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 03:31 AM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Day 3, Friday was another beautiful day. Temp was about 85° and just a bit humid. I will take that weather any day over what we are expecting today (Saturday)

----------------------------------------------------------
Today: Showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Some storms could be severe, with large hail and damaging winds. High near 81. West wind between 10 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms before 8pm. Some storms could be severe, with large hail and damaging winds. Low around 59. West wind between 3 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
---------------------------------------------------------

But we will take whatever Mom Nature throws at us and still have a great time

Friday we had a tour/open house of Beckley's Camping Center in Thurmont, MD. They are the local Montana dealer and one worth looking into for your next Monty. They put on a lunch for us, gave us all a goody bag just full of some great stuff. They have an RV accessory that reminds you of a small scale Camping World and we were all given a 10% discount on all store merchandise. So if you are ever in the Thurmont, MD area I would be stopping in. They are located on US Route 15 just south of Thurmont about 30 minutes south of Gettysburg.

At 6PM we had a Chicken Bar-B-Q. It was great
At 7PM we were all entertained by Mike Dodd with songs and stories of the Civil War. Mike is very talented and a pretty good comedian.
Like every other night we finished up with a campfire and some great comradery

Click here for a few more pictures

BTW-These are just a few of the pictures taken so far. Later this week I will be adding many many more that will be coming from the other photographers
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote