View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 12:03 PM   #8
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Personally I think the quality shifts were all often related to weight. manufactures as they try to make larger and lighter RV's (without increasing cost) quality is often then compromised. In 2016 when many of the 5er manufactures started to make the 13'5" high rigs that was available because they were able to use newer, lighter less durable materials. From vinyl wrapped cabinets to plastic plumbing fixtures, furniture with marginal frame construction and paper thing upholstery and countless other lower quality finishes. It is more about cutting cost then delivering a quality RV. Imagine in this day and age that Drum brakes are still standard when from a safety perspective Disc brakes are 10 folds better, that is the manufacture putting cost before quality and safety.

Having recently switched from a 2017 Class A Fleetwood Bounder to the 2019 Montana I can say the trailer industry quality is no where near the motorhome quality especially in the fit and finishes. That is the one major dissipointment we have since moving from Class A to Montana.

And now I have 28 warranty items our 5er has been at the dealer going on our 4th month now (since early Nov) held up because Keystone is slow on delivering parts needed to do the warranty work. And it looks like it will still be there til sometime in March.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote