View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 11:48 AM   #13
Starmaster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #16103
This morning I had a chance to look under the bed slide in our 2015 3160RL at the wiring job they did for the slide AC power cables. I've attached some pictures below.

The "short" story (pun intended) is that they do not use enough of the flex cable so that they can be separated the amount that the slide moves.

The bottom of the slide has about 1.5 inches of clearance above the connector on the floor. The flex cable is also installed in such a manner that it loops down towards the floor as the slide moves in. I operated the slide multiple times and observed how the cable moves and is not contacted by the slide. There are no signs of wear on the cable anywhere, the slide has probably over 25 in/out cycles on it.

While mine has no problems, others may not be as lucky. They flex cable needs to be another 12" longer so the connector can be mounted closer to the end of the bed, and rotated 90*so the cable loops correctly.

There should most likely be a safety recall on this one by Keystone. At the very least, others should check under their bed slides if they have AC power wiring in the slide. If anyone finds where their cables are abraded, they should contact their dealer or a qualified electrician for repair. I don't think it is safe to wait on Keystone to decide what to do on this one.

Bed slide extended

Slide clearance over connector

Slide retracted, slide bottom moves over flex wire connection

Dave
Starmaster is offline   Reply With Quote