View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 02:12 PM   #9
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I've been studying this "thing" out, watched some of the YouTube videos, searched their website. It sounds very interesting. I asked my wife about it. She said, if I really wanted to do this then go ahead and go for it. But she also said, just remember, YOU are the one working!

3 week, long days, no idea what the actual job will be or what the responsibilities, and at my age now makes this opportunity absolutely twist and turn in my head.

I am no stranger to hard work, long days, and working days on end. I'm no stranger to running low on sleep, meeting deadlines and quotas, and working the body till I almost keel over. (but not all of this at the same time).

I think my age may be against me. Although I am in relatively good health and shape, I'm not so sure about my "endurance" for the long hall any more. Even driving from one campground to another campground, my travel time on the road now seems to focus on about only 4 hours of actually driving a day. So, putting in a 12 hour or longer day just might take too much toll on me.

I guess I'll pass on this.... as enticing as it sounds. I'm doing a campground host this year. I think that's probably more my speed... setting my own pace, not the pace of someone else meeting a deadline!

Thank-you for the offer. It's still very enticing. I just don't think I can physically do it now. Sheesh getting old sucks!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote