View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 09:24 AM   #1
tjblocker
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23122
problem Winegard 360+ Router

This is for anyone thinking of buying a Winegard 360+ router.

Upon install, I found that this would work with my Roku, a DISH receiver wifi, two android cell phones, and a Chromebook. However it would not work with a Lenovo laptop running Ubuntu 22.04. The laptop connects without Internet and I've been unable to make it work. I can shut down the laptop, restart the router, and go to network connections and see that the router thinks it's connected to my laptop. But this is not possible since the laptop is powered down. The router holds a permanent and flawed connection forever to Ubuntu OS.
I notified the seller and was sent a replacement router. However, the replacement behaved just like the original. It was easy to get customer service to send me a replacement, noting that the replacement had the same problems. Their customer service makes a good effort to support the product.
I also find that the router is unstable. I have to reboot it at least once per day. And connection speeds are in the 6-9mbs range, and I'm in an area with very strong cell signal. I expected something a little faster.
I don't think this was quite ready for prime time. It needs work. And while they are at it they should add support for 5ghz.
I'm a retired software engineer whose done a lot of network programming. I have an above average understanding of LAN and WAN.
I've used Lenovo laptops running Ubuntu for many years. The combo is rock solid stable. This is the first time I've had such trouble with wifi connections. I do not think the problem lies with Ubuntu.
B&W puck system hitch
tjblocker is offline   Reply With Quote