View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 03:01 AM   #14
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Dave,

I don't think regular houseplants, in most cases are considered exotic. Unless you are into like orchids or something. Well, I don't consider my houseplants exotic.

I note, on edit, that I really did not answer your question Dave, cause I don't know the answer. I have purchased plants in Texas and other places and taken them home to Michigan. There is a place in Fredericksburg Texas that ships seeds and plants all around the USA, wildflowers. They know if they sell to people in the store, the likelyhood that said plants will be carted off to places other than Texas is great, as they are a destination for many travelers from around the US. So, I would think, if you are buying from someplace like that, or from the corner grocery store, the plants they sell on those markets are gonna be "common", not exotic. Without some further knowledge, I don't think I am gonna worry about it. Have plants, will travel!

Helen,

If I had bugs coming out of my pots into my sink, I would have ditched em too! ewwww. So far, so good, the soapy water has worked for me so far. I have been tottin plants for a few years, and knock on my head(wood), so far, no nasties!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote