View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 10:02 PM   #3
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindman View Post
I have a new Dish satellite and receiver. They recommend a 25 foot coax with a max of 50. Since you may have to run the coax to the other side of the coach, that is really only about 10-15 feet to play with. So I purchased a 50 foot coax.
The 50 footer only picks up 1 or sometimes 2 of the satellites in the western group and usually 2 in the eastern group - even tho the western group should be closer to me (Arizona). The 25 footer works great all the time...

Sooooo, I was thinking maybe I could drill a hole in the slide wall by the tv and put a wall jack thru the wall and eliminate the long run thru the coach. I checked the wiring under the slideout and it seems to go from the outside connection either in the floor or ceiling and then thru the tangle of wires bundled under the slide and finally up the wall of the slide to the back of the tv area. So adding this 20-30 foot of coax plus 2 sets (at least) of connectors plus the 50 foot cable is just too long.
Anyone have any ideas?
The way they run the coax and the quality of coax is a joke in these $100k coaches. I pulled a new quality coax into the entertainment center, and ran it to the convenience center. I have a 25 and 50' for there to the Tailgater. It works great.

Mark