View Single Post
Old 10-23-2023, 04:02 PM   #7
OldJimi
Established Member

M.O.C. #31788
Hello R,
As I recall, it was like a long section of twin lead wire almost like lamp cord that passed through the opening. I pulled a long section out to work with and separated the two wires, the positive from the negative, for about 8 inches, removed an inch of insulation from them midway, folded each wire back on itself and twisted the bare wire ends so that I had a lead for each polarity. I used wire nuts to twist on a smaller diameter lead wire and shield the bare sections. The ends of those I inserted in the switch connection points and snapped them close.
I did it that way because I had plenty of different sized wire nuts on hand and wasn't absolutely certain that the switch would work. There are easier solutions available that I would choose if I were doing it today: TICONN 120pcs T-Tap Wire Connectors - no need to expose bare wire at all, much neater, faster, and less bulky.