View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 11:02 AM   #90
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Update on warranty repairs: The failed AC circuit turned out to be a major! I stopped by Tuesday to get an update on the repairs as the rig gets picked up and goes out Thursday. Upon arrival I took a peek at my rig. What I was horrifying. A sight you never want to see. I would equate it to waking up during surgery and seeing your insides.

The storage compartment walls were removed exposing everything. The coroplast was cut open and hanging down with wires everywhere. The circuit breaker panel was out with all wires exposed as was the main control panel.

I asked WTH? I was told that the AC circuit was fixed. They found a wire nut in the belly that had come off. However while testing the whole rig went black. I told them I'm picking it up regardless if the shore power works as I'm dry camping at the beach. So make sure my generator, inverter and solar works.

That evening I got a call from the Service Manager (Sean) on his personal cell. Good idea or? He said that whatever it takes he will have it ready for this camping trip. So Shout out to Folsom Lake RV for their commitment. They discovered a faulty transfer switch and changed it out. Upon testing the new TS smoked! They didn't have one in stock so I'm not sure where they found a replacement but they did. He called and told me that they were going to test again so fingers crossed. I asked him if he has removed and inspected the shore power receptacle. He said he'd call me back. I received a text with a picture of the receptacle showing one leg disconnected and the rest loose. There was only about 3/16" exposed wire. They corrected the connection and voila! Everything works.

They stitched the patient up and released her. I have to secure the coroplast a bit better before we leave but super happy. Santa will have to stop at FLRV and drop of some tasty libations!