View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 03:01 PM   #14
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Maybe I should have posted this on the humor page because I certainly will be able to look back at this and laugh at myself a bit!

Hopefully this will be the last up-date on this project. I wasn't able to get the tank to stop leaking and I also had a leak on one of the valves so I threw in the towel and took it to my dealer. They assured me it shouldn't be any problem having it repaired in plenty of time for the May rally.

The worst thing about it is that it will cost us a camping trip this week end. This whole event was totally avoidable in the first place!

I took it to the dealer last Saturday, It was real windy that day and I really enjoyed the drive due to the fact the wind didn't bother me. I was very pleased at how well everything stayed under control and how it handled. However, I usually carry one of those blue tanks in the truck bed and I got to watch it as the wind buzzed across between the truck bed and the front of the Monty creating a strong suction, pulling it right up over the bed and out onto the road. It went sliding & scooting down the center of the oncoming lane. I really never thought that would have happened so easily. I pulled over, and fetched it back before anyone ran over it. I almost wish I would have lost it completely where the wheels always keep falling off. I did make a stop or two more where I was watching a piece of trim underneath trying to come loose but we got it there anyway without any other problems.

I talked with them today and a tank has already been ordered.

I guess the moral of the story is that if it isn’t broke, don’t try and fix it!