View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 03:53 PM   #40
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bethandkevin

I don't have an answer for certain on the slide toppers-it would seem it might help a little, but the ducting for the A/C runs in the "attic" area, so it would seem to me a better insulated duct material might help as well. I've wondered if the newer BigSky owners have experienced any negatives on this issue because of the dark sides. I sympathize with you on the cooling. We don't often find ourselves in that kind of heat, but two years ago we were in Chicago during July. Four days in a row it was over 100 actual temp and 109 the day we arrived. Only had 30 amp service, so only able to run one A/C. Oh, and no shade trees either!
You can definitely feel the warmth inside, if you hold your hand close to the wall when the sun is shining on the side. I do not think it's any worse than it was in our white Montana. The Big Sky does have more insulation and the dual pane windows. We keep the awnings out to help keep the sun off the door side of the camper. We also have the a/c fans set on High and run both units all day. When it is in the mid to upper 90's, we set a box fan in the bedroom doorway to help move the cooler air from the bedroom into the living area. We have been quite comfortable in Central FL, these past three weeks. Today, I believe the temp got to 97 and we were plenty cool. We are on a concrete lot with no shade.
Virginia Young is offline   Reply With Quote