Thread: Dish or Direct?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 10:36 PM   #28
DmaxDually
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14092
Right now I only have the OTA antenna on my Montana. I'm looking into getting a satilite set up. I'm going to go with the new Winegard GM-2000 carryout G2 and dish network pay as you go plan. I would like to know what is the reason that these antenna's can get Dish network in HD but not Direct TV? Is it the size of the antenna or LMB that doesn't allow you receive the HD signal from Direct TV?. I really like the ease of set up on the G2 and it doesn't take up much room.
My friends have Direct TV and I watch them setup their antenna's on a tripod everytime we camp. They tell me it's real easy but I watch them level the tripod aim the antenna then going in and out of the RV fine tuning for the strongest signal or they have someone in the rv yelling numbers out at them. Some times it goes real easy and other times I've seen them move the antenna around to different spots to get a good signal. I'm hoping the G2 set up is as easy as they advertise as long as you have a clear view of the sky. Just set it up and the antenna does the rest.