View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 07:52 PM   #32
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
exactly, i put several thousand miles on my 2500hd cc srw chevy with the 3790rd behind it... towed great. Stopped great, once I put G rated tires on the trailer it handled great.

Nuff said... there are non believers who have their dually's who swear that is the only option and for them it is obviously but for others it is a different answer.

Never seen so many people so concerned about weight as some of the folks on this site...

The new trucks are far superior to the trucks from a few short years ago where it actually really did make a big difference.

Enjoy your units, I just towed the 5er about 50 miles today with the new 2017 Dmax and I have to say it's quite a machine. Far different than the 2015 in power & torque so much so that on two lane 50mph(80kph) roads it was in 6th gear and I could slow to 70kph and go right back up to 90 - 95kph and it never dropped a gear and just pulled like crazy. That never happened with the 2015......luv'in this new truck. The only thing I might need to do is add air bags on this 3500 as she squatted a bit more than the 2500 did with it's air bags. time will tell when I hit a rough freeway....
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote