View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 09:12 AM   #23
ep4me
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #32135
I second the goose box if you are getting a new one ton make sure it has the goose neck prep package then your options are wide open on hitches. goose box will be more cost
400 to 600 more than but a fifth hitch that goes in your truck but the benefits out weigh the cost in my opinion. You don't have a hitch taking up bed space and no heavy hitch to remove when you want to use the bed of your truck. Plus the ride quality of the hitch is better, no chunking and bucking well at least a smother ride.

This short bed thing is not an issue if it is a standard bed over 6 feet long. the goose box is a couple of inched longer and i know gm has moved their ball slight further back to help with cab clearance not sure about ram and ford, plus keystone and other makers have rounded the front of their fifth wheels for more cab clearance. They call max turn technology or some other marketing scheme that is just standard build stuff.

There are draw backs to the goosebox you need to have access to an air compressor from time to time to fill airbags as needed. also you have to be more precise in hooking it up because you have to be directly over the ball and most states require to use of safety chains with it while a kingpin set up chains are not required.

Hope this helps !
ep4me is offline   Reply With Quote