View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 08:52 AM   #11
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
You have options. They make slideout stabilizer jacks (see screen shot below from a google search - you should also search amazon). That slide in your unit is a BAL cable slide mechanism. You can lightly snug these stabilizers under the outer corners of the slide and it will improve the vibration transfer and movement. We used stabilizers under the big living room cable slides on our 2017 Laredo 330RL travel trailer and it greatly improved the camper shake rattle and roll.

These stabilizers are rarely discussed in this forum because the vast majority of large slides are thru-frame hydraulic and very stable, not prone to much movement. Also - the leveling systems on our Montana units are far superior to the crank stabilizers found on most travel trailers. My unit set-up is "solid as a rock" compared to the ALL of my past RVs and pop-ups.

I have seen them discussed extensively on our sister forum Keystone RV Owners Forum. The general vibe there is against using slide supports for various reasons. The stabilizers are intended to stabilize - NOT SUPPORT the slide. Many people do not place them properly on the slide corners and cause damage to the slide floor. Many people crank the things up too tight. If the RV settles or moves over time the situation gets worse. They are not "set and forget"...you need to monitor them daily and make adjustments as needed. As you can imagine - the vibration could cause the stabilizers to move from the location where you set them up to a bad alignment or location. Many people forget to remove them before operating the slide. I used them to snug up under the slide corners and usually had the jacks founded on the same concrete or asphalt pad where the trailer was setup - so differential movement or settling was not an issue. I was careful to align the stabilizer under the slideout wall to properly transfer load to the ground and not put stress on the slide floor.

Your slide bottom is ~6' off the ground - so you will have to find a stabilizer that can handle that height. The stabilizers are not cheap - but if they reduce the vibration to a tolerable amount - I think you will feel like it was money well spent.
Mike you're getting way to proficient at marking up docs!