View Single Post
Old 12-11-2022, 05:38 AM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
We have a Splendid stackable washer and dryer. There is no way to eliminate the "shaking" except to better balance the load in the washing machine. There truly is a fine "balancing" act going on there. Too much in the washer and it doesn't spin right, or gets off balance. Too little and everything shifts to one spot causing an unbalance, causing excessive shake. It takes time and usage to figure out exactly how to load the washer. But once you hit the sweet spot ... yes, you still get some shake, but it's not so horrible.

Ours is not anchored down. I removed the anchor screws so it is free floating. But I also put wedges around the base of the washer against the washer and against the wall so it would not move around when it running or traveling. Removing the anchor screws helped eliminate a lot of the shake also. The machine still shakes, but not being affixed to the camper itself, it eliminates a lot of trailer shake.

These are the only two tips I can offer.

I just asked my wife how she does the "balancing act. She just told me the machine can be filled only about half way. More causes an unbalance. When doing towels, she can put only 3 towels in at a time, nothing else. Any more and it gets too heavy causing an unbalance and with ours, will error out.

But regardless, they all shake the trailer. It's not like they are in a house sitting on a concrete floor and no matter how bad they shake, on a concrete floor the shaking is never felt anywhere in the house.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote