View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 05:01 AM   #13
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Let's try this again - did you have a check engine light on and OnStar said it was a water code? There are code readers (about $70 at many parts stores) to see for yourself what they are (then look up the code online), and also there are some parts stores that can hook one up for you and find out what it is (usually for free).

Seeing how you've stated you are not the mechanical type, at this point I would have the dealer fix it for you to get you on the road again. My bet is you have excess water trapped in the fuel filter (it has a reservoir for water), or the fuel filter is plugging up, or both.
The accepted practice on the diesel forums is to change the fuel filter every 10k miles, so a fresh filter would likely take care of both issues.

My advice would be to learn how to change that fuel filter and how to drain the water from the water separator in that filter (we can help).
If you are unable to do that, then at least carry one or two filters with you so you can have someone else change it for you.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote