Thread: We're here
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 08:07 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
The first RV park we ever stayed in was Pine Hill back in 2003 and since than we have been back 4 times making next week our 6th visit and we will continue to be back every year we venture into SE Penna. We lived just 40 minutes away and my family is still in that area.

I believe, where we will be parked it is all pull thrus with the exception of the left side and the end row which are all easy back ins. Yes the sites are not all that level but than again how many campsites in any campground are? As far as the size of the sites? Again in my opinion the sites are MORE than adequate and paying extra for 50 AMP and cable is more the rule in most campgrounds than not. In Branson and here in Nashville they both charged extra for 50 AMP. Here in Nashville we are dealing with trees and electric/water stands and when parking you do have to deal with them especially with leaving room for the slides or putting out your awning. Just ask Potvin about the electric/water stand and his slide and Carlson about the tree and putting out his awning.

Also, In my opinion there is room for a fire ring so long as you are not trying to lite up an inferno. They require you to ask for a fire ring when you check in or even after you are set up. There is no charge for the fire ring. They do this because they don't want fire rings strewn out thru the sites being used as trash cans rather that there intended purpose. After you check out they come back with a small front end loader and pick up the ashes and any wood that is not fully burned as well as the fire ring itself leaving the site nice and tidy. Personally Lorraine and I don't use the fire rings but we have been in parks where the last camper didn't build a fire but did use the fire ring for their empty beer or soda cans and in many cases their paper plates, cups and just plane trash. You won't find this at Pine Hill.

The only problem is the truck noise from I-78 which runs just a few hundred yards from the campground BUT from my understanding we will be in the most distant area from the Interstate. The dogs maybe walked any where in the park however they would prefer that you walk in the perimeter of the park until the dogs has done it's job and even though you are in the perimeter they still require you to pick up after your dog.

Talk about using lighter fluid to lite a fire I have to agree is dumb but not nearly as dump as the guy who had his campfire just a foot away from his awning. By the time he realized what was happening he put his awning up but the fabric had already started to melt. His only luck was the awning hadn't started to burn. By the way, this did not occur at Pine Hill.

BTW- I have absolutely NO vested interest in Pine Hill RV. I just feel on a scale of 1 to 10 it rates a 7 or 8. If you wanted to see it at its worse, you should have been there when it was a KOA some years ago. These owners are doing a fantastic job and it was from my experience staying there that I recommended it to Steves as a good location for a NE rally.

See ya'll there next Wednesday.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote