View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 03:39 PM   #15
Ttman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26744
I still have a traditional gas/electric fridge, but I use a pool noodle. They are less than $5.00. Its about a 12” piece along with some elastic cord left over from an old jacket bottom, along with some of the little push locks that are commonly used to adjust the bottom if a coat/jacket.

I have a flat piece of plastic that runs along the outside of the doors. The cord goes through holes in the flat plastic, between the fridge and freezer door through the pool noodle and then doubles back through the pool noodle and the plastic. The two ends of cord are inside the doors where the push lock is so I can tighten the plastic against the door which causes the pool noodle and the plastic to pinch the doors together. I have two elastic cord straps that do this on the ends of to pool noodle. Then in the middle I have a similarly ran piece that is a longer piece of shock cord that has a snap link that I hook to the freezer shelf. This holds the doors from swinging further open. I could tow my camper with it in Place if I had too. I don't have any pictures, but if you wanted them, I could run by the camper storage to give a visual to my typed explanation. You could do the same thing just run them vertical instead of horizontal.
Ttman is offline   Reply With Quote