View Single Post
Old 09-28-2022, 03:48 PM   #15
Joint Venture II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30751
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
I don't know if there is any solution to making your ride better if traveling ANY interstate within the state of Indiana! You may soften your ride a bit, but think about those poor tires you are riding on!

If traveling through Indiana, avoid interstates at any cost. Take US highways which are many in Indiana, running North-South, and East-West, and often follow right along the existing interstates.

I live on a county road (Madison County, Indiana). The road I live on is "chip and seal" (you know, packed gravel with a bonding oil. The more traffic it gets, the harder it packs down). That road is 100 times smoother than any interstate in Indiana!

In Indiana, we NEVER travel the interstates when towing the trailer or driving the dually. The transitions on the bridges simply tear your vehicle up. And even though some of the major interstates have been re-surfaced, within a week, they start digging holes in them again, and they they are all horrible within a couple weeks.

I-70, I-74, I-69, I-75, I-65 ... all of them ... will do nothing but rip the cabinets off the wall inside your camper and make you feel like you are driving a bucking horse! No pin box ... air or anything can help smooth it out in Indiana. Your best option is to take a different route and avoid interstates in Indiana.

I absolutely refuse to drive I-70 anywhere in with any vehicle. Same goes for I-65 between Indianapolis and Louisville, Kentucky. And I-69 anywhere North of Anderson, Indiana all the way to Fort Wayne. Simply horrible roads. Horrible!
I ordered the MORryde rubber pin box and it arrived today. Will have it installed at Stoney RV in Cambridge, OH Friday morning. Next thing I'm doing is studying the road maps for Indiana and learning the US Highway system so I never drive on an Interstate system again.
Joint Venture II is offline   Reply With Quote