View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 05:40 PM   #32
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Myers View Post
I am interested in this program but I am hesitant about signing up for it. This is why...

Has anybody had any experience in the new security features on the debit/credit cards that are issued? The part that you can turn the card on/off. If there is a purchase made, I see that it would not be drafted for 1-3 days following the transaction. If the security on the account is turned on ( card is off), no transactions would go thru the bank, resulting in a NSF charge of $30 on top of the fuel purchase. Is this the case? I like having the security of being able to secure my accounts and I don't want to leave it active for up to 3 days after a transaction, but it seems that this would not work.
There is an app for the card which instantly shows when it is used. And if your like us we check our bank accounts daily so not much chance of a charge we don't know about fairly quick. Since our phones have fingerprint security it is a matter of a few seconds for us to check balances.

To assure minimal loss on any of our cards, we have multiple bank accounts and only put a limited amount of funds in our "spending" accounts that we use for things outside of our bills (like fuel and meals). Our bills are paid out of a separate auto draft account with automatic transfers out of our main account such that we are never short on the funds to pay our routine bills (like truck note and electricity-which is levelized). Overall our finances are just about totally automated.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote