View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #9
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Phil P

Hi

The industry calls them Sintered Bronze bushings ASTM standard: ASTM B433 Grade 1 Type 2.

I have used them for years. While they are not “ever lasting” they do last a lot longer than plain brass or bronze bushings. They are highly impregnated with lubricant. Recently when reaming some to fit an axel shaft the lubricant would drip off the reamer during the reaming process.

Phil P

The bushings that come with the wet bolt kits are oil impregnated sintered bronze.

These new-fangled ones are made of "Modified Polyamide". Which I find is kind of funny, because,

.......polyamide is Nylon!

"Modified Polyamide" evidently is Nylon with something in it that self-lubricates and is tougher than regular nylon, I don't know, they don't say what their "magic ingredients" actually are. (I'm guessing maybe graphite or molybdenum) It will be interesting to see actual real world results of these bushings in long-term use, and not just the manufacturers hype of "NeverFail"

I'm with you guys on this one. I'll just stick with my wet bolts, and grease them up a few times per season.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote