View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 06:08 PM   #12
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmaxDually View Post
Believe me I'm still looking. I had a chevy dealer tell me that they don't do Dually/aluminum wheels and they sell the dam trucks. It's a 2 part problem. The 1st part is the aluminum rim issue and the second bigger part is that my truck is a crew cab, long bed dually. The majority of "tire" places in my area can't handle it. They tell me they can but they can't and they don't have the large size cone to hold the wheel on the spin balancer.
The guy at GoodYear broke his lift when he tried to lift my truck. It was an "H" lift. He pulled it into the bay, he positioned the the arms on the lift under the frame and proceeded to lift the truck. Once the lift started taking the weight off the suspension, my tires were still on the ground, one of the arms on the lift snapped. Luckily my truck wasn't off the ground yet..I wish I could find a place that I don't have to worry about getting my wheels or truck damaged..
You would not believe the place that I have been going to for many years. Its basically a small po dunk tire dealer. It consists of a residential house with an old shack full of state of the art tire equipment behind it. Mostly Mexicans doing the work. They have NO lifts of any kind. They used 4 floor jacks to lift my truck. I called the day before and got prices. They cant be beat. Tires were waiting for me the next day. From the time I arrived to the time I drove away was less that an hour to mount/balance and install 7 new tires.

K&k tires in Linthicum MD
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote