View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 09:51 PM   #10
DmaxDually
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14092
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
I have had many trucks with aluminum wheels and have had many tires installed on them without any issues (just had 7 new tires installed on truck in sig ). I think you need to find a more reputable place to give your business to.
Believe me I'm still looking. I had a chevy dealer tell me that they don't do Dually/aluminum wheels and they sell the dam trucks. It's a 2 part problem. The 1st part is the aluminum rim issue and the second bigger part is that my truck is a crew cab, long bed dually. The majority of "tire" places in my area can't handle it. They tell me they can but they can't and they don't have the large size cone to hold the wheel on the spin balancer.
The guy at GoodYear broke his lift when he tried to lift my truck. It was an "H" lift. He pulled it into the bay, he positioned the the arms on the lift under the frame and proceeded to lift the truck. Once the lift started taking the weight off the suspension, my tires were still on the ground, one of the arms on the lift snapped. Luckily my truck wasn't off the ground yet..I wish I could find a place that I don't have to worry about getting my wheels or truck damaged..