View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 10:37 AM   #8
Montana_1718

M.O.C. #1718
I am a newcommer to this forum. But I have a few opinions on the subject of campgrounds. I have been camping for the past 47 yrs. I've seen alot of changes in parks. From pulling off the road in a wide grassy spot or a sm gas station for the night back in the 60's. Now RV parks are everywere ! We have camped in the back of a pickup to a 37' 5th. I still like the State and National parks the best. Private parks are just to conjested for my taste. Their is no reason that they have to be they just like the income and the more they can cran into a space the more they make. We also belong to Coast to Coast Resorts,most of them are just as bad, but they serve a function. I agree that their should be a separte area for RV's with kids. I traveled with 4 of my own, so I know. They want to be with other kids so put them all together. As far as pets go... we travel with a cat (Abby) and a 80lb dog (kye). The cat of course is no trouble we go in any park (even the no pets ones) they never know. As far as the dogs are concerened I loth people with unruly, unmanerd, loud dogs. If you can't have a well behaved dog, don't bring them along. There is no reason that people with dogs can not reside next to a non-dog RV, you would never know we have one,if it wasn't that way we would not have one with us. Picking up after is a must !! The only draw back to State and National Parks is as a rule they are not big enough for our 37'5th, so if we know that we want to stay in them we just slide out the 5th hitch and slide in the Lance 11'pickup camper and tow our Jeep behind. Then we are ready for any advanture that may come our way and we can park it anywhere.
Montana_1718 is offline   Reply With Quote