View Single Post
Old 03-27-2022, 11:47 AM   #3
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Traveler View Post
Tony,

I would not consider Montana "top of the line" and High Country is a step below Montana. It is probably mid grade to mid grade plus.

There are higher end inverters that you could install if cycling the battery switch gets to be too big a pain. The Magnum Energy and Go Power hybrid inverter chargers are both much better units. Hybrid inverters will add more power than a genny or 30 amp service when needed by pulling additional energy out of your battery bank.

While I thank you for your attempt to answer my question it wasn't much help.

Title of thread (Anyone have a Magnum CSW2012 inverter in their rig?)

The question was very specific. I was asking for an answer from another member that may have the same 2022 setup. Or at least someone that can help provide me with assistance that has first hand experience.

As far as pointing out that my $90,000 investment is "mid grade at best" really wasn't necessary. But thanks for putting me in my place.

My point was the Montana is Keystone's "top of the line" and yes I know that HC is a step down. A step down as far as being weight conscious using more lightweight interior components and no full body paint. However it uses the same basic build. The 2022 Monty and HC use the same exact solar and inverter packages. The inverter models & makes vary based on availability. The magnum manual says it's made in Washington but the inverter says made in China. So with that off my chest I'm going to add another related problem that I discovered last night.

Update:
  • I was able to enter programming and and save the changes. Very cumbersome and not thoroughly explained. I changed programming so that the on/off switch works so that I can turn the inverter off at night. Otherwise it would stay on until the battery voltage dropped below threshold.
  • Inverter works and supplies AC and goes into bypass mode when shore or gen is present.
  • When shore/gen power drops the inverter starts to invert.
  • The power button now works to turn off the inverter.
  • I no longer have exit the trailer and cycle the inverter battery switch for it to start inverting.
Two new issues
  • When the transfer switch switches to generator both kitchen GFI and basement GFI trip intermittently. It happened 4 or 5 times during last night test.
  • No GFI tripped during this mornings test...
  • I can turn the inverter off using the power button in any condition. With or without AC power available. I can only turn it on if AC is present.
In summary:
The system appears to be working with the new programming. However there is a lag of about 10 seconds. The TV shuts off but comes on 10 seconds later. I have to start the generator for the inverter power switch to turn on the inverter. This is odd but I can live with it. The inverter has to be on for the inverted outlets to be powered since the inverter through passes the AC going into it. I hope this makes sense.

I'm now more concerned about the phantom GFI tripping. I fear that there is a neutral or ground bond problem or a loose connection.

For those of you that have this 2022 setup and want to turn your inverter off while boondocking you can change the inverter programming from PS1 to PS4.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Operation.pdf (199.9 KB, 220 views)
File Type: pdf Settings.pdf (268.1 KB, 179 views)