View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 03:47 PM   #22
Byron B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18751
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
If you go to see a museum in Rosewell go to the real museum next to the visitor center. You'll find the largest collection of cowboy and native american artifacts west of the Field Museum in Chicago. In addition the other half of the museum is fine arts with a concentration of western artists, and in the middle there is a continually changing exhibit area and the workshop and exibits from Gotterds rocket expermenting days in New Mexico. No end to the interesting things oil money can bring to town.
What Dick said. The Roswell Goddard museum is a must see. Much from Dr. Robert Goddard and a lot of Native American artifacts and history. They used to have a lot of Peter Hurd and some Wyeth as well.
I was born and raised in Roswell. Know the man whose land the “aliens” landed on. One of Poe Corn’s ranches.
After Walker AFB closed, the town was starving. Got a bus company to start manufacturing buses there. ENMU-R opened a branch campus there. The town was still looking for a hook to bring business to town. It ended up making Roswell the alien capital of the world. Too funny. Too hokey as well.
I am a believer in alien life but when I asked Mr. Corn, many years ago, what happened there his answer was “I don’t know if anything happened there or not but I don’t mind charging folks $6 per car to drive around my pasture.”
Byron B is offline   Reply With Quote