View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 10:00 PM   #14
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
Drifty thanks for the kind words. As you have shared more than a few bits of knowledge with me I am only happy to know that I may have been able to share something useful with you.

Since my lithium install has been based upon prismatic cells and separate BMS I am still tweaking things within my environment. Like you I have set my Magnum to standby and have been allowing my solar system to do all the charging since we have been in an area with much more winter sun than western Washington. After leaving Quartzite we found ourselves in some below freezing temps a few nights. This prompted me to use some insulation along with a thermostat controlled 3D printer bed heater to keep my cells nice and warm through the several nights of 26F temps. I monitored the battery cell temps via installed thermistors. I don’t believe the cell temps got below 35F. My BMS is also programmed to disallow charging at 32F but I plan to put a low draw MOSFET relay in place to physically disconnect the charging source(s) at 32F as a backup.

Couple of partly sunny days and our 700AH are fully charged before lunch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2959.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	309.7 KB
ID:	3362   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3013.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	369.5 KB
ID:	3363   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2963.jpg
Views:	28