Thread: "Protection"
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 12:55 PM   #43
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2010 View Post
I have to agree with Topjustice on this one. I am sure there are people who have been stopped and detained by police who thought they did nothing wrong. It is the rest of the story that makes clear what happened. Have had a law licence from three states for over 40 years and have heard many storys about how someone was abused by police. Not saying it never happens; most such storys get wide publicity and the cop usually is disciplined. Reference the one in Utah who tried to arrest the nurse who refused tolet him take blood from an unconscious man. That cop is now asking if you want fries with your order. The great bulk of the storys leave out significant facts; such as the suspect was drunk or stoned, or that he was reported to be threatening someone. Cops don't just ask to search w/o good reason, and you don't suffer by refusing such a request. They cannot hold you while they get a warrant unless there is probable cause to believe a crime has been/is being committed. They don't get PC just by saying so.
Good analysis. As you can probably see from my forum handle I have had a bit of legal experience, with licenses in three jurisdictions over the past 43 years including prosecutor at both federal and state levels, chief public defender and private defense counsel, government counsel in various agencies and 4 years on the bench, with some special appointments in federal cases.