View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 06:25 AM   #18
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
The closet door opening was a little less than an inch too narrow from allowing the freezer to just slide in the closet. I took the three hinge pins off the middle of the bi-fold doors, removed the end section of door, and it slid right in without any problems. It took less than 15 minutes from start to finish. The bi-fold doors close without any interference. When the bi-folds are open, and the freezer is positioned all the way to the left side of the closet, the freezer door will only open about 75% before it contacts the folded door. This is a little annoying but more than enough for access to the freezer.

Our closet has a ceiling vent in it and there is a gap at the bottom of the door so I don’t think there will be a problem with heat building up, if there is, a small passive vent in the bottom of the bi-fold should produce enough airflow.

Because the interference between the freezer door and the bi-fold is a little annoying and because there is all that wasted space above the freezer I’m now planning to put shelving in the closet starting just above the 110 AC outlets. The other option is to put a closet rod in and make it a closet for jackets and such. Either way I can then cut the bi-fold door and refasten the bottom of the door to the bottom shelf. That is if the bi-fold is not completely hollow and there is enough wood to re-attach the bottom hinge. If not I’ll have to modify it to work or have a new door made that will fit. This would eliminate any door interference or heat problems.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote