View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #59
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

So they do wear to the cords! I was wondering about that. Steve R. has the most miles I have heard of on the tires, he must not have many parking lot miles, that is where they ...I can't say shred..got called on that... lose rubber.. not going down the road. Lonnie has a book that shows abnormal wear issues, one of the photo's show our wear: outside and inside equal wear, they state highway speed mountain driving as the cause, same dynamics as a bunch of parking lot turns.
I would double check the larger tires clearance issues, might be a problem going with larger tires/wheels.
Take care, Ozz
Jim, as you already know, we tend to avoid interstates whenever possible, preferring to take the more interesting and more scenic US and State highways. We probably get more curves and corner turns that way than we would on most interstates. We also this past Spring towed clear through the heart of Colorado on US 50. We have done some interstate, mostly in the southern Arizona/New Mexico area where there are not a lot of other choices. The 17k miles is since April 2010 and actually shows that we have slowed down a lot since the 38k miles we did the first year of fulltiming. I doubt my description here helps any in understanding the kind of towing we do but maybe it will help.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote