View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #50
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
For what it's worth, here are a few things I know to be factual. The tires on both Ozz's and sreigle's trailers have never been ran under inflated according to Goodyear's Load and Inflation Table. They have not been overloaded, and nothing has been coming in contact with them other than the roads they are running on. Neither of these trailers have a suspension or alignment problem. All four tires on both of these trailers exhibit the same wear characteristics. Since this issue was brought to my attention by Ozz, I have seen the G614 on several other trailers of varying types, including three different horse trailers with living quarters in the front, all exhibiting the exact same wear patterns. Some have been very pronounced and obvious, others very slight and hard to see, but they all had it.

It is my opinion (as a "so called" expert on tires) this wear isn't going to have any adverse effect on the dependability or longevity of the tires. It looks bad but I doubt the shoulders of the tires will ever reach the first steel belt before the tread wears out. I am also of the opinion the tire, and only the tire, is the problem.

LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote