View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #45
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Since I still have my Goodyear Marathons on my fiver I cannot speak from personal experience on the G614's however, my brother in law put them on his SOB which rivals the Montana for weight and may in fact weigh more, after approximately 10k miles they are showing no signs of the kind of wear in the pictures you have posted Ozz. My daughter has them on her horse trailer that has front living quarters and a GVWR of 16,500 lbs with over 10k on the tires and again no unusual wear.

The tires mentioned above in both cases show even wear across the tread face and in the case of my daughter were manufactured in '09.

There has been lots of comment on the unusual wear but there seems to be virtually no major problems with the tires. Not even the "so called" experts on tires has any kind of rational explanation as to why this strange pattern exists on these tires.

It seems to me that in most cases the tire is blamed, when IMHO most problems are created from under inflation and over loading. The one tire I ever had a problem with was due to my not having the proper air pressure in it. I admit it and won't blame the tire as it wore down to the wire and still maintained air, had it blown it would have been my fault, not the fault of the tire.

I also believe if we have a bad experience with a specific make of tire we will consider them all to be the same. Based on what I have actually seen of these G614 tires as I mentioned above, if I can afford them when the time comes, I will most certainly buy them.
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote