Old 09-03-2019, 08:34 AM   #13
Leftie Canuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23585
Smile Black Tank Valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzy View Post
Thanks Eric,

Do you know will I need any extra pieces or can I just buy this kit and do the swap?
Thanks again.
Ed, I don't recall needing any other pieces except some extra wire because their supplied harness is too short, and a fuse holder because I connected directly to the battery area without going through the DC side of the electrical panel. My convenience center is close to the battery area, so that made wiring easier. A few zip ties to keep things tidy, some solderless connectors for the wiring, and a little black Gorilla tape to seal up the Chloroplast underbelly where it gets cut into a flap to access the valve if it ever fails to operate. You may need to replace some or all of the fasteners keeping the underbelly material in place, as they tend to be rusty and tough to remove. I went all stainless on mine, to avoid future issues. Prep-wise, be sure the tank is empty, ensure the rig is stabilized before crawling under, and remove the underbelly (Chloroplast) to have a look and plan the wiring routing. It's not a difficult job, sometimes awkward to work at the outlet area of the black tank, but actually easier than I imagined. Go for it - it's worth it !
Eric on the Left Coast
Leftie Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote