View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 07:21 AM   #1
BrianVer2
Established Member

M.O.C. #31132
Out of the fire and into the lake

Howdy folks
We bought a Montana 5th wheel after the Hermits Peak Fire lit by the US Forest Service burned our house to the ground. Hopefully out of the ashes we'll rise and flourish a little further south in Santa Rosa New Mexico. We don't have a way to move our RV so we hired a guy to move it for us. It now sitting across the street from Blue Hole and Park lake. Water all around us now feels better.We'll be living in this RV with our three cats and two dogs for at least half a year and or until we can find a house.
The layout of the 3402RL is nice and roomy. I'm a retired low voltage electrical geek. Before that, a mechanic and for most of my life the main repairman here on our family property in northern New Mexico. I can read schematics and troubleshoot quickly. However I understand from reading here useful information from Keystone is nonexistent. I need to adapt that is obvious and I need to do it quickly.
It is much hotter in Santa Rosa than I'm used up here at 7500 feet above sea level. We try to go down to ready the RV in the evening, but that hasn't always happened.
Here is what I am up against after our second trip to get the RV level: Replaced the battery, one circuit breaker and topped up the hydraulic fluid for the leveling jacks. Added a 50 foot 50 amp shore power cable.Today we'll get power turned on to the lot we parked it in.
After switching on the power button on the control panel, we finally got all the jacks retracted.As per instructions below the panel, the readout says "jacks up"
"Ready" However the red LEDs on the directional control buttons for "front" and "right" are blinking red. Manual control makes the pump turn on for a few seconds, usually followed by "error, jack not responding" message. Auto level flips the pump servo on and off, but I've never felt or heard and of the individual solenoids for the jacks come on while my wife does the button sequences.
At point the battery readout says 11.8 volts, so we need to wait for the electric to be turned on for out space, before proceeding. I understand the leveling system in these units is quite finicky. Looking for some guidance for round #3 which my be today. We can't move what is left of our belongings in until the RV is stable.
Any and all help is much appreciated
Brian and Nell Rodgers
BrianVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote