View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 08:38 AM   #17
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Moon View Post
For what it’s worth, I have been pulling my 2016 High Country for almost 6 years. First with my 2007.5 Silverado HD short bed, and now with my 2020 Silverado HD short bed. Up until 2 months ago I had a Husky slider hitch, but I NEVER used the slider, even though I had the rig nearly 90 degrees, and in some off-camber situations, and never hit the cab. I switched to a PullRite Super Lite hitch for ease of removal and replacement, and I love it. The 2020 GM short beds have a longer bed than previous models, and if you opt for the factory 5th wheel/gooseneck prep package, the center of the hitch is moved to the rear 2” for additional clearance. Also, the adapter for the PullRite moves the hitch on the fifth wheel a couple inches forward. With all this, I never let my guard down when backing into tight spots. Your results may vary.
This is the same setup that we currently have, a PullRite 3900, and this is a GREAT setup. Light, and in the GM's post 2020, actually gets you past the 48" cab to pivot clearance...